PUBLIC NOTICE OF THE SPONSORSHIP OFFER
The Ambassador of Italy in Zambia
– Having regard to Art. 29 del DPR no.54 of 1 February 2010 (which allows Diplomatic and Consular Representations to enter into sponsorship contracts with public or private subjects, companies, associations, foundations, citizens and in general with any subject, Italian or foreign, that does not carry out activities in conflict with the public interest);
– Considering the interest shown by Italian and foreign companies in organizing promotional initiatives in collaboration with this Embassy with the possibility to promote their image and to proceed with the sponsorship of events of an institutional nature organized by this Headquarters;
which intends to offer to interested parties the possibility of concluding sponsorship contracts with this Embassy during the f.e.2019, aimed at promoting the corporate brand.
1 – OBJECT
All activities or events organized during the year by the Embassy of Italy for commercial, cultural and scientific promotion.
These events can be promoted and enhanced on the Embassy’s website and social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) in order to maximize the visibility of sponsors. Promotional stands, screens and advertising banners may also be made available.
2 – GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR SPONSORSHIP
Public and private subjects are allowed to submit their sponsorship offers if there are no prejudicial conditions limiting their contractual capacity pursuant to Art. 80 of Legislative Decree no. 50/2016.
3 – SPONSORSHIP ARRANGEMENTS
The advantage for the Embassy may be:
– a saving of money;
– an additional income;
– a supply of goods or services and also the performance of works (sponsorship in kind).
Applications may therefore relate to sponsorships of a financial nature (in monetary form) or in kind. Applications may be submitted in either form (partly financial or partly technical).
In the case of financial contributions, the minimum contribution shall be set at EUR 500 (or the equivalent in Kwacha).
4- SUBMISSION OF SPONSORSHIP OFFERS
The offer of sponsorship by interested parties:
– must be presented in writing form, signed by your legal representative (according to the form attached to this Notice) and accompanied by a photocopy of a valid identity document;
– it must be sent by e-mail to the following address
– must indicate the consideration that is intended to be offered to the Embassy for sponsorship;
– must be accompanied by a special self-certification attesting to the absence of conditions prejudicial or limiting the contractual capacity of the sponsor pursuant to Art. 80 of Legislative Decree no. 50/2016;
– It must contain the sponsor’s commitment to assume all the responsibilities inherent in and consequent to the display of the brand.
The bidders consent to the processing of their data, including personal data, in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
Conditional or express offers will not be taken into consideration if they are indeterminate or incomplete (e.g. without a handwritten subscription).
For further information and administrative clarifications regarding the formalization of sponsorship, please contact the Administrative Office of the Italian Embassy in Lusaka at the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
5 – EVALUATION OF SPONSORSHIP OFFERS
Sponsorship offers will be evaluated by the Embassy in accordance with the principles of economy, effectiveness, equal treatment, transparency and proportion.
6 – RIGHT OF REFUSE
The Embassy is entitled to refuse an offer of sponsorship if:
– considers that it may conflict with the institutional and diplomatic activities carried out, or in the event of a violation of laws or principles of the Italian or Zambian legal system;
– considers the advertising message to be a possible prejudice or damage to their image;
– considers it inadmissible for reasons of general expediency, also taking into account the customs and traditions of the Republic of Zambia, as well as the institutional aims of the Embassy;
– contains elements of propaganda with political, trade-union, philosophical or religious aims;
– contains offensive messages (including manifestations of fanaticism, racism, hatred, threats or intolerance).
7 – SPONSORSHIP AGREEMENT
Chosen sponsor and the Embassy sign the sponsorship contract.
Under no circumstances may third parties take over the sponsorship contract unless authorized in writing by the Embassy.
In the event that the content of the offers and the related self-certifications are found to be untrue, the person concerned will incur the penalties provided for, immediately forfeiting any benefit obtained based on the untrue statements.
If the event or initiative, for reasons not attributable to the Embassy, does not take place, the Parties will decide by mutual agreement how to refund if the payment to the account of the Embassy has already been made.
Lusaka, 16 September 2019